One of the best things about Dorchester is the quality and diversity of restaurants. The food is authentic in flavor and represents the passion, community, and culture that are at the heart of our neighborhood. As part of the ADORE-chester! blog project, we lay out our top five choices of dishes from around the neighborhood (and five more we couldn’t help but also list) as we continue on our journey, eating our way through Dorchester.
My top five bites in Dorchester (in no particular order):
These are the MUST tries if you haven’t already
1. Fried chicken wings from Mrs. Jones
2. Ginger ice cream from the Ice Creamsmith
3. Tiramisu dessert from Tavolo
4. Grilled beef bahn mi from Ba-Le
5. Any martini from dbar
Tier Two (in no particular order):
These are the highly suggested if you haven’t tried already
6. Trainwreck fries from Ashmont Grill
7. Homemade ginger beer from Irie Jamaican Style Restaurant
8. Ham and cheese croissant (baked by Sel de la Terre) with latte from Flat Black
9. Poulet en sauce from Belle Cuisine
10. Dim sum at Chau Chow Seafood
And by request, here are our top 5 drinks in Dot! (in no particular order)
1. Dotini at the Ashmont Grill. Seriously Dorchester's own drink, with a side of candy.
2. Mojitos at the Blarney Stone - One of the best we have ever had.
3. Grapefruit-Infused Basil Gimlet at Tavolo. Feel like you are on Mad Men while still living in the 2000s.
4. Espresso Martini at dbar. Coffee and liquor - what is there not to love about that?
5. A pint of Guinness at the Banshee. Transport yourself to Ireland for a moment.
To read the other ADORE-chester! postings, please check out their blogs:
The Dorchester Think Tank
The Dottie Hottie
The Dot Matrix
Social Butterfly Experiment
Greening of Dorchester